Saturday, July 17, 2004

140 This can't be real!

"This has got to be the hardest decision I’ve ever had to make. I’m doing this on the day I gave birth to my first child, so it will always be a day I’ll never forget. I love you even though I know in my heart I can’t keep you, but the memory of you will make me strong. I know your spirit is in a better place. Each tear I cry will help me erase the memory of this day, but not of you. You will always be a part of me even though you are not here with me. All my love, the mom you’ll never meet, but I’m sure you know who I am."

Sort of sounds like something you might write to a child placed for adoption, but no, it is to an aborted baby from "mom." I think I liked it better when women pretended a fetus was just a blob of tissue and not a human being. Seen at Letters from Babylon. I'm hoping this is as phoney as MM's F 9/11, because I really don't want to believe a woman could feel this and then destroy the baby.

No comments: