Saturday, March 13, 2010

So close. . .

Today I was looking at the web page (and outstanding technology to spread the word) of Spirit & Truth Fellowship International. Hmmm. Most of what I checked seemed on target--until the speaker (I was watching a video) mentioned such and so wasn't really in the Bible and therefore many Christian groups were wrong on that issue (happened to be about women). So I googled the leaders. They are former members of The Way International, a very active cult I remembered from the 1970s. Well, I suppose they could have left the cult and become Christians. Looked through a few more things and finally googled, "cult awareness spirit and truth fellowship" and here's what I found,
    "group describes itself as "A worldwide community of Christians who desire to make known the written Word of God so as to proclaim the Good News of the Lord Jesus Christ." Among other teachings, the group denies the Trinity and affirms that "when a person dies, his life is gone and he no longer exists anywhere in any form." "
Hmmm. Definitely not Christian. A cult is a cult even when the leaders leave the wrong headed teaching they started with. Even ELCA with all its problems and wandering away from the clear message of Scripture, gets the Trinity and the bodily resurrection of believers right.

No comments: