Saturday, May 01, 2004

93 Under Construction?

I was doing some research on the Internet today on a religious topic--Christian martial arts. I think I can find something like 200,000 hits if I just Google the topic, but I wanted something reliable and critical, not a puff piece by someone who is already committed to what sounds to me like an oxymoron.

So I started looking through various "counterfeit" sites, web sites written by people who study cults, sects, eastern mysticism, new age movement, etc. I came across one page that seemed to have been designed by someone with Adult ADD. There were so many topics, all with competing icons and wiggly things I could hardly focus my eyes. I saw a small hot link for "What must I do to be saved?" Well, that would be a good place to start, I thought. Let's see what these folks are building on.

Guess what? That page said,

"Under construction."

If you're not building on the solid foundation of the Gospel, what else you have to say doesn't mean much. Build that page first, please.

No comments: