Thursday, March 11, 2004

65 Christian music

At Blogger.com we have no control over the advertisements decorating the top of the page, but they are fairly unobtrusive. Because I've mentioned Rick Warren's book several times, advertisements for the book and his church appear, so today I clicked on Saddleback, the name of his church. It has a radio feature--modern praise stuff, a tad boring for someone my age. So after listening to 2 or 3 of the songs, I went to the Google window and typed in "Christian hymns radio" and found "Old Fashioned Christian Radio." Actually, they aren't that old--at least I've heard some that were popular in the 70s, like "Easter Song" by Second Chapter of Acts, one of my all time favorites. These are what I've just heard--good variety, so I'm just leaving it on.
  • Voices of Praise, "Lay up your Treasure"
  • Tom Fellke and Billy Ray Hearn, "Worship the Lamb"
  • Angie Zachary, "Then Jesus Came"
  • Fred Bock, organist, "Amazing Grace"
  • Johnathan and Nathan Reed (piano & violin) "It is well"
  • Paul Dempsey, "Oh brother be faithful"

    I'm listening on high band, but there is a low band option, too. There is a list of the top 20 hymns which is determined by whether listeners leave the station while these songs are played. Top for NOT leaving is 16 singing men, "Because he lives." Walking away to unload the dishwasher or clean toilets is not detected as long as you keep the computer set for this URL.
  • No comments: