Friday, March 12, 2004

66 Children's Art

On March 20 our Visual Arts Ministry is going to hang a children's art show--we've cut mats and adhered the art to foam core for about 120 projects for the children of Highland Elementary School in the Hilltop area of Columbus. And I use the term "we" loosely--my husband cut all the mats, and another member of the ministry cut and affixed the foam core. The school has supplied labels with the name, age and grade of each child.

I am really excited about this show. I haven't seen every piece, only the ones that were propped up in our living room in mid-project. But they represent some of the best art I've ever seen by children, and I'm trying to figure out why kids who are poor, may not have intact families, probably didn't go to pre-school, and have little home enrichment or encouragement, can do such a great job with color and design.

The show opens Sunday, March 21, 2004, at the Church at Mill Run, 3500 Mill Run Drive, Hilliard, OH 43026, on the second level.

No comments: