Sunday, April 30, 2006

347 A fresh look at the good book

Our church has been having a mission fair for two weeks. The booths are rotated between two of the three campuses so members can meet the various ministry leaders. I noticed one called "168 Hour Film Project" that I didn't remember from the last fair. This mission was founded by John Ware, a former UALC member, and he now lives in Burbank, CA. The idea is that a short film is made based on a Bible verse and it is completed in 168 hours--or one week. For instance, one of the verses for 2006 is 2 Timothy 4:7: "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness…" I'll bet you're already seeing a little film clip forming in your mind. Read the FAQ on how this is done.

The idea of this ministry is to help young Christian film makers. There was a screening on March 11 in Glendale of these entries for 2006 awards.

No comments: